Founded in 2009, Everett Advisory Partners has an extensive track record of providing strategic advice and execution resources for regional and community banks, and investors. We have successfully guided more than 30 banks, boards and investor groups through acquisitions, recapitalizations, and restructurings, merger integrations, and regulatory examinations. Our team has extensive experience working with banks like yours on value-added strategic planning, insightful risk assessments, enhancing regulatory compliance, improving operational effectiveness, upgrading information technology, and implementing digital banking strategies.
Everett’s interdisciplinary approach provides clients access to the following capabilities:
Strategic & Transformative Advisory Services
- Strategic Planning
- Enterprise & Operational Risk Management
- Compensation Strategies
- Digital Banking Strategies
- Vendor and Outsourcing Strategies
- Interest Rate and Liquidity Risk Management
- Credit Risk – Workouts, Pre-Examination Prep
- Pre-IPO and Pre-M&A business, operational, and governance enhancements
- Board and Investor Presentations
Merger, Acquisition & Divestiture Services
- Advisory Services
- Due Diligence
- Support for Capital Raising, Liquidity Enhancements, Funding Strategies, Asset Sales & Divestitures
- Acquisition, Divestiture, Recapitalization and Sell-Side Strategies
- 363 Bankruptcy – Acquisition and Recapitalization
- Legal Day 1/Closing Weekend Support
- Enterprise Transition & Post-Merger Integration / Divestiture Support
Regulatory Support Services
- Governance Improvements, including Board Structure, Charters, Bank Policies and Procedures.
- Resolution of MRAs, MOUs and C&D orders
- Evaluation and Remediation of BSA/AML, CRA, Fair Lending Compliance Practices
- New Charters / Bank Formation / Regulatory Applications / Acquisition Business Plans / Branch Governance & Compliance
- Regulatory Compliance
Integration, Operations, Stability, and Execution Services
- General Project and Change Management
- Contract Negotiations
- Outsourcing Execution
- Systems Conversions – Preparation and Execution
- System & Process Standardization/Optimization
- System Stability and Cyber Security Assessments/Hardening.
- Expense Control/Cost Optimization
Clients most often engage EAP to execute the following types of projects:
EAP’s comprehensive diligence efforts identify credit, risk management, operational and transaction risks, and challenges to integration objectives. EAP provides insights into critical value, risk factors, and potential pitfalls in financial institution acquisition and growth strategies. EAP has extensive portfolio review experience in all types of loans in bank and financial institution portfolios, developing workouts for troubled credits and sale of distressed loans and REO. EAP’s team includes former lenders with experience in all facets of commercial, real estate and consumer lending.
EAP provides valuation analyses on marketable and illiquid securities, senior debt and TARP securities for banks and investors. EAP develops securities investment strategies and assists with the purchase (and sale) of assets, including loans and ORE.
Asset & Liability Management Services
EAP’s ALM services include an overview of market conditions, assessment of portfolio activity (purchases or sales), analyses of the Bank’s interest rate risk exposure, economic value of equity, gap analysis showing the projected repricing of assets and liabilities and the development of liquidity and funding strategies and capital plans.
Technology & Operations Strategy and Implementation
EAP’s deeply experienced team works with clients (pre- or post-merger) to assess, optimize, and implement enhancements to their technology & operations environment, improving control while reducing costs and mitigating risk. EAP facilitates development of a customized strategy (which includes risk remediation) and detailed execution plans (which enable clients to successfully navigate complex and rapidly evolving technology). EAP’s team has extensive experience in developing new approaches to serving clients with greater efficiency, updated technologies and significant cost savings.
Enterprise Transformation, Integration & Conversion
EAP’s team has extensive transformation, integration & divestiture experience, having held leadership roles in over 200 projects at institutions of all sizes. EAP utilizes a comprehensive, fact-based approach to assist management with business, operational, and IT transformation. EAP uses standardized project management tools, training, change process, and performance metrics. EAP works closely with middle management and employees to establish project & communication plans to ensure solutions are implemented on time and under budget. EAP monitors critical success indicators and aggressively resolves any problems or complications which arise. EAP’s team brings a structured, even-handed process to each project which is critical to achieving outcomes that retain and motivate employees.
EAP conducts in-depth, fact and data driven management diagnostics, focusing on areas where management can most effectively influence productivity, financial results, organizational effectiveness, and resource allocation while reducing risk and strengthening long-term health. These diagnostics are customized to the bank’s strategy – organic growth, buy-side or sell-side M&A, or public/private equity capital raising.