Investor Group Purchase of Bank
- Advised on acquisition of $700mm bank in Dallas – developed acquisition strategy, identified acquisition targets, financial modeling, loan portfolio and operational due diligence and valuation analysis. Developed offering memorandum, investor presentations, acquisition business plans and change of control information to support regulatory approvals. Developed Legal Day 1 implementation plan, and vendor enhancement strategies.
- Leading 18-month transformation effort, including organizational restructuring, negotiation of new vendor contracts, implementation of digital banking platform, new corporate governance framework, new policies and procedures, upgraded treasury management platform, incentive compensation plans, marketing support and annual financial plan/3-year Strategic Plan.
- Successful development of acquisition business plan which gained approval for a new bank holding company charter with +$1 billion of capital.
- Advised on the acquisition of a failed institution with over $3 billion of assets and 73 branches in four states.
- Developed legal day 1 acquisition and stabilization plan, and merger integration plan for failed bank acquisitions.
Private Equity Investment in California Regional Bank
- Completed loan portfolio and operational due diligence, financial modeling and valuation analysis on a multi-tranche recapitalization of a $1 billion bank.
- Advised on $500mm Section 363 bankruptcy transaction – developed acquisition strategy, completed loan portfolio and operational due diligence, financial modeling and valuation analysis for the acquisition and recapitalization by an investor group. Also developed acquisition business plan and change of control information to support regulatory approvals.
$1 Billion Merger of Equals
- Completed loan portfolio due diligence, management plan assessment, operational diligence and valuation analysis and loan portfolio marks on a $1+ billion bank merger.
Consumer Finance Divestiture
- Led the sale of assets and operations of a regional consumer finance business…in 90 days: marketed the opportunity; guided 15 parties through diligence; received 7 offers from acquirers, ultimately selling the business at an attractive valuation.
Other Capital Raise and M&A Projects Include:
- Comprehensive turnaround plan for $500mm distressed Bank, and investigation of CEO on behalf of Board. Capital raise for two Chicago area distressed banks (2010-11)
- Sell side negotiations for multi-billion bank (in process)
- Buy side – target identification for regional bank (in process)
- Management buyout of $100mm bank (in process)
- Acquisition due diligence in support of investors
- Routinely perform valuation analyses on community bank stock, senior debt and TARP securities for banks and investors. Analyses included assessment of the banking franchise and operating performance of the bank as well as comparisons to comparable publicly traded stocks and M&A transactions.